Lucas Moura is being linked to Manchester United on a daily basis, with a fee of £30m mooted for the Sao Paulo forward.
Despite United's £423.3m debt and their prudent transfer business since selling Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid for £80m three years ago, Moura is apparently so prominent on United's radar they sent a delegation over the weekend.
Well actually, they didn't, despite what the Mail claimed. HuffPostUK Sport can reveal United's chief scour Jim Lawlor, who discovered £6m gem Javier Hernández, was at the club's Carrington training complex rather than en route to Brazil.
But with Moura about to compete at the London 2012 Olympic Games, here's 10 things to know about Brazilian football's latest star...
1. His full name is Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silva.
2. Standing at just 5 ft 8 in tall, he plays as either a winger or a centre forward.
3. Despite a promising youth prospect at Corinthians, whom he joined aged 10 in 2002, he was willingly sold to Sao Paulo in 2005. Corinthians had just been taken over by Kia Joorabchian’s MSI group and had recently bought Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tévez.
4. Originally nicknamed Marcelinho, but due to the ubiquity of the name in Brazilian football, he has reverted to his christian name.
5. Lucas has scored 11 goals this season for Sao Paulo.
6. He has also won 11 caps for Brazil
7. Sole Seleção goal came in September 2011 in the Battle of South America, against Argentina.
8. Sao Paulo wrote a £67m buy-out clause into his contract after he starred at the Under-20 South American Youth Championship in 2011. He scored four goals, including a hat-trick against Uruguay.
9. Liverpool had a £9m bid rejected for him in winter 2011.
10. Has already played at a Premier League ground, when he arrived as a 72nd minute substitute against Scotland in a friendly at the Emirates Stadium in May 2011.