She's won the Best Newcomer award, and been nominated for the Best Comedy Show award for the past two years running. So could this be the year that Josie Long gets her hands on Edinburgh's most sought-after prize?
Yes, the shortlists have been announced for the Foster's Comedy Awards - and the nominees are...
For Foster's Best Comedy Show:
- Claudia O’Doherty – The Telescope (Underbelly, Cowgate)
- Doctor Brown –Befrdfgth (Underbelly, Cowgate)
- James Acaster – Prompt (Pleasance Courtyard)
- Josie Long: Romance and Adventure (Pleasance Courtyard)
- Pappy’s: Last Show Ever! (Pleasance Dome)
- Tony Law Maximum Nonsense (The Stand Comedy Club)
For Foster's Best Newcomer:
- Daniel Simonsen – Champions (Pleasance Courtyard)
- David Trent – Spontaneous Comedian (Pleasance Courtyard)
- Discover Ben Target (Underbelly, Cowgate)
- Joe Lycett: Some Lycett Hot (Pleasance Courtyard)
- Sam Fletcher – Good on Paper (Bannermans)
The winner of the Best Comedy Show takes home a cash prize of £10,000, while the Best Newcomer picks up £5,000. There's also a Panel Prize, with a cash prize of £5,000.
As the awards' producer Nica Burns notes, this year's nominees form an eclectic mix. "The nominees sum up an extraordinarily inventive year for comedy at this year’s Fringe," she said. "The shows demonstrate all the comedic art forms - standup, mime, sketch and multi-media experimentation. The performers are all immensely charismatic and often thought-provoking whilst being extremely funny. Two excellent nomination lists."
The winners will be announced on Saturday - watch this space for our report. In the meantime, you can read our review of Josie Long's show and check out Joe Lycett's blog posts for The Huffington Post UK.
Related on HuffPost:
More:Edinburgh Fringe Comedy Comedy Gossip Edinburgh Festival 2012 Edinburgh Comedy Foster's Comedy
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more