A nine-month-old girl has died after reportedly choking on food at a nursery.
The youngster was taken to hospital from Ramillies Hall School in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester, on Tuesday lunchtime but died a short time later.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "Police were called to an address on Ramillies Avenue, Cheadle Hulme shortly after 12.20pm on Tuesday by the North West Ambulance Service following reports a child was choking.
"Officers attended and discovered a nine-month old baby had been taken to hospital but was sadly pronounced dead a short time later.
"Inquiries are continuing to establish the cause of death."
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more