A man injured whilst attempting to take a selfie with a rattlesnake has released images of his $150,000 (£96,200) hospital bill.
Todd Fassier, who was nearly killed during his attempts at the photo op, was treated at two different hospitals for his venomous bite wounds.
The receipt for the treatment after the attack, which happened in San Diego, was tweeted by local TV news reporter Dan Haggerty:
Remember the Rattlesnake bite story I did Monday? Guy just sent me this pic of his bill. Uhhhhhhh..... pic.twitter.com/ahK2W9KxVg— Dan Haggerty (@10NewsHaggerty) July 16, 2015
The Washington Post's Wonkblog noted that the largest expense listed on the bill is $83,341.25 (£53,506) for "pharmacy."
Wonkblog explained: "There's currently only one commercially available antivenin for treating venomous snakebites in the United States (CroFab, manufactured in the UK), with a stable market of 7,000 to 8,000 snakebite victims per year and no competitors, business is pretty good."
Fassler claimed that he used to have a pet rattlesnake, letting it into the wild because he thought animal services 'would appreciate it.'
Last year a similar incident occurred when Eric Ferguson was charged $89,227 (£57,200) for an anti-venom medicine in North Carolina.