If you want to steer clear of coughs and colds this season, then listen up.
FOX59 spoke to two experts about how to boost your immune system in time for winter. Here's what they found out...
- Chicken broth is good for warding off coughs and colds because it heals the lining of the gut, which plays a "huge role" in immune function. Broth also contains minerals and amino acids that are easy to absorb and help reduce inflammation.
- Fermented foods are also meant to be great for boosting the immune system. These refer to anything with live bacteria in like prebiotic yoghurt, kimchi and kombucha tea.
- Additionally, unpasteurised honey is supposed to be great as it contains vitamin B, zinc and plenty of antioxidants.
- Lemon, ginger, cinnamon and honey combined make a kick-ass hot drink for fighting cold and flu.
- Finally, the health experts advise people to get the latest flu jab, wash their hands regularly and get plenty of sleep.