The ‘Call The Midwife’ actress and her partner Aljaž Škorjanec failed to win a place in the BBC ballroom show’s semi-final, after being eliminated on Sunday (6 December) night’s results show.
After both couples performed again for judges Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli, it was up to them to decided who to save.
The panel unanimously decided to keep Georgia and Giovanni in the competition, meaning it was the end of the road for Helen and Aljaž.
It was a shock bottom two for the show, as both stars have been strong contenders to win the competition, and have topped the leaderboard numerous times during the competition.
Georgia and Giovanni were in joint second place with a score of 36, following their foxtrot to ‘Beauty And The Beast’ on Saturday.
Helen and Aljaž’s Paso Doble to ‘At The End Of The Day’ from ‘Les Miserables’ had earned them 34 points from the judges, but were second from bottom on the week’s rankings, with only Anita Rani and Gleb Savenchko scoring lower on 31 points for their Argentine tango to ‘Cell Block Tango’ from ‘Chicago’.
Meanwhile, Jay McGuiness and Aliona Vilani picked up 39 points for their romantic rumba to ‘Falling Slowly’ from the musical ‘Once’, placing them at the top of the judges scores.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ continues next Saturday on BBC One.
- 10 Celebrities We'd Forgotten Had Been On 'Strictly'
- The 12 Most Memorable ‘Strictly’ Moments
- How Many 'Strictly' Winners Can You Remember?
- 16 Stars We'd Have Preferred To See On This Year's 'Strictly' Line-Up
- The Most Show-Stopping 'Strictly' Routines Ever
- Revealed! All The Celeb Victims Of The 'Strictly' Curse
- The Sexiest Ever 'Strictly' Stars