ENTERTAINMENT

Rita Ora's Home Targeted By Burglars, Just One Week Before Simon Cowell Break-In

12/12/2015 08:52 GMT | Updated 12/12/2015 08:59 GMT

‘X Factor’ judge Rita Ora’s home has been targeted by burglars, with thousands of pounds being stolen.

READ MORE:

Rita is said to be have been shaken by the incident, which took place at the end of last month, with thieves stealing cash as well as “personal items” from her London home.

A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said of the Rita robbery: “Police in Brent were called to an address at 5.54 on Saturday, November 28, to reports of a burglary. An investigation is under way. No arrests have been made.”

rita ora

Rita Ora

An insider told The Sun: “She is very shaken and has upped her personal protection and security at her homes.

“Of course she’s scared about her safety and the safety of her family.”

The newspaper adds that while Rita wasn’t home at the time of the break-in, a family member was sleeping upstairs in the house, where her parents are said to live full-time.

simon cowell

Simon was also targeted

The incident occurred one week before her fellow ‘X Factor’ judge Simon Cowell’s home was also targeted, with police said to be concerned she may have been targeted by the same gang of thieves as the music mogul.

Simon is said to have upped security at his £10 million London home, after burglars made off with jewellery and cash earlier this month.

He said of the burglary earlier this week: “It’s such an invasion. It’s frightening when you think about it afterwards, because I’m a dad now.

“That’s the thing that really freaked me out, the fact this guy got in and no one spotted him. It could have been a lot worse.”

'X Factor': Greatest Ever Performances

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW US ON TWITTER