This courgette and lemon risotto is sublime. It's healthy, tasty and full of nutrients, meaning that you'll look great, feel great and, best of all, it's not a diet so no restrictions. Just healthy choices.
This recipe is also great for people with IBS or digestive problems who are following a low FODMAP diet, vegetarians, or anyone who enjoys a sumptuously creamy risotto, but doesn't want to pile on the pounds.
Here's how to make it...
300g Arborio rice
2 Large courgettes, roughly chopped
2 tbsp Garlic infused oil
3/4 tsp Asafoetida powder
1 Lemon, zest
125ml White wine
1.5L Vegetable stock
75g Parmesan cheese
1 Small bunch parsley, chopped
1) Heat the oil and butter in a pan
2) Add the rice and stir to coat all the grains
3) Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed
4) Slowly add the vegetable stock, one ladle at a time and stir until absorbed
5) Make sure all the stock is absorbed before adding the next ladle and continue until creamy
6) In a separate pan, gently lightly fry the courgette and lemon zest for 4-5 minutes
7) Add the courgette and parmesan to the risotto and mix gently
8) Garnish with parsley and serve. Enjoy!
For more dietary advice and tasty recipes, visit www.myprivatediet.com
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more