Chanel has unveiled its first new fragrance in 15 years, and set our hearts a flutter.
Gabrielle, the French fashion house’s new scent, is the brand’s first major fragrance launch since Chance was released in 2002. It is named after the brand’s legendary founder Chanel (a.k.a Coco).
From No.5 to Coco Mademoiselle, the luxury brand has a reputation for creating well-loved perfumes that stand the test of time.
Taking to Instagram on Wednesday 5 July, Chanel shared an insight into the design of the new addition.
They also shared a photo of Hollywood actress Kristen Stewart, with the caption:
“Stay tuned for the official release of the Gabrielle Chanel fragrance on September 1st.”
The fragrance was created by Chanel’s in-house master perfumer Olivier Polges.
We have a few questions we’d like to put to Monsieur Polges:
1. Will it make us feel and smell as fabulous as Coco Mademoiselle?
2. How will they ever top this campaign though? Nicole Kidman is everything.
3. It’s taken you guys how long to name a scent Gabrielle?
4. Where will it transport us?
5. Will it make us a sexy kind of French though? The dream.