Ched Evans has said he “absolutely disassociates” himself from anyone who names or targets the woman who accused him of rape.
The footballer’s comments come after he was acquitted on Friday of raping a 19-year-old in a hotel room.
Since his acquittal, police have been forced to “remind” people not to name his accuser after she received a fresh tirade of abuse online.
A two-week retrial which concluded on Friday led to the 27-year-old having his original 2012 conviction quashed.
The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had to change her name and move house five times after being identified on social media before.
The new verdict triggered death threats against Evans’ accuser on social media, with some saying she should be “strung up” or “shot”.
Evans has since sought to distance himself from the comments.
A statement on Chedevans.com reads: “Following yesterday’s decision at Cardiff crown court I want to stress that I absolutely disassociate myself from anyone who names on any forum the woman in this case. Or makes any offensive comments about her.
“Everyone associated with the past 5 years now has the right to move on with their lives and I wish no ill will to anybody.”
Supterintendent Jo Williams of North Wales Police said on Friday: “We are aware that once again the victim has been named on social media.
“We would remind people that it is a criminal offence under Section 5 of the Sexual Offences Amendments Act to do so, and that the victim has the right to life long anonymity. An investigation is ongoing into the naming.
“People need to be aware that they could find themselves being arrested and prosecuted. This was done previously, people were prosecuted and heavily fined.”
It took the retrial jury three hours to reach their not guilty verdict.
Evans denied the woman was too drunk to consent when she was having sex with him.
He had maintained his innocence - saying the woman had invited him to “join in” at 4am with her and a fellow footballer - Clayton McDonald, 27 - who was cleared of rape at the original trial.
In December, 2014, the father of Evans’ accuser claimed his daughter worked over Christmas to take her mind off those who were tormenting her.
He told The Mail On Sunday: “It’s the fifth time she’s had to move in under three years, she is just living her life on the run.
“I couldn’t even see her over Christmas because it’s too risky for her to visit me. I don’t even know where she is living at the moment, so I haven’t been able to give her the Christmas presents I bought her.
“The last time I saw her was almost a year ago, and it’s been hard not having her at home over Christmas. I just want her near me so I can protect her.”