Parents often use Instagram to share picture perfect shots of their families.
It may be their baby’s first steps, a precisely posed family selfie, or a picture of siblings actually getting along for once.
But not everyone abides by those rules.
Thankfully, some parents are also happy to show the side of parenting that’s not so pretty: Mess.
After Katie Price recently shared a photo of her messy living room, we’ve found nine other parents who aren’t afraid to show the - sometimes less than pristine - reality of life with kids.
1. “Haven’t heard son for five minutes, now I need to clean it up.”
2. “That time of evening when you can’t wait for kiddie bedtime!”
3. “Toys, toys, and more toys.”
4. “I thought I would see what happened when I didn’t constantly clean up after my children for a couple of weeks.”
5. “This is what happens when I get lost in my crochet.”
6. “When you walk in on this and think: ‘I’ll just deal with it in the morning’.”
7. “What happens when mums pee! She said she was helping me.”
8. “I think we have too many toys.”
9. “Today’s Rice Krispies disaster. Look at that innocent face.”