A member of flight comparison app Skyscanner’s social media team has become an unlikely internet celebrity after her hilarious responses to a customer complaint racked up thousands of “likes” on Facebook.
It all started when customer James Lloyd left a post on the company’s social media page after a system glitch suggested he take a 47 year layover in Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport.
In response to the awkward mistake made by their tech, a Skyscanner social media representative known only as Jen decided to have a bit of fun and provided the customer with a list of things he could do on his 413,786 hour stop on his way to London.
• Missed Songkran but you’ve got another 46 years to enjoy it.
• How do you feel about heights? The Moon Bar is pretty good and it’s open until 1am so you could spend a good chunk of time there.
• A cruise on the Chao Phraya river could keep you busy for a while.
• If you get peckish there’s a floating market. Not only good for grub, but you could make a few mates whilst you’re there. Win/win.
• Become a Tai Chi expert in Lumpini Park.
(p.s. thanks for letting me know about this - I’ll get some folk to look into it!)
Jen’s cheeky replies didn’t stop as more people started to chime in - she valiantly responded to as many as she could muster.
James was light-hearted about the experience and even offered to meet up with Jen in Bangkok at some point in the next 47 years...
It wasn’t to only technical glitch to be highlighted. Wong Kean Wah also shared a screenshot of a similarly ridiculous stop he’d been offered at Sydney Airport, so Jen offered up a few things to do there too.
And another user pointed out a £240,000 price tag for a few economy flights
Let’s hope Jen gets a promotion for all this exceptional customer service.
Also on HuffPost
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more