Photo: author's own."We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle Daily rituals are where the power resides in a step-by-step process to get you to where you want to be. After all, you can plan for the future, but you can only take charge of the present moment. So take positive steps today towards your desired outcome and know that you will have everything you need in each moment that follows. Daily rituals will help you get there by just focusing on getting 1% better in whatever you're trying to improve. I've learnt that all successful CEOs, artists, writers and entrepreneurs live and die by daily rituals.
- Get up early - a great day starts with the night before - so have a good night's sleep. Sleep is a form of meditation anyway and remove any screens from your bedroom. They are known to interfere with sleep patterns.
- Meditate and breathe. Visualise and do affirmations which are all calming rituals to optimize your basic routine. They help you focus on what you want to achieve and get you inspired.
- Exercise and breathe. Preferably outdoors in nature and connect to the earth and the universe. Take a wonderful 30 minute walk. You'll come back refreshed and inspired.
- Make some refreshing tea in a bone china cup and prepare some nutritious breakfast. You cannot heal a polluted body.
- Inspiration is everywhere. Carry a notebook or use your mobile. Have frequent breaks to let your mind rest. This is where creativity and inspired thought happens.
- Focus on what you want. You will start doing things a little differently, ideas will come to you and you will make choices that will be in alignment with what you want. I find that the more I act on inspired thoughts, the faster I attract what I want. Momentum builds if you consistently focus on your want and keep moving towards it. The stronger your belief and passion, the faster you will get what you want.
- The most important factor in reaching any goal is to feel good now! You must feel good about you. That way you are on the same vibrational frequency of what you want and are summoning it to you. So don't allow faulty subconscious thinking to derail you. Remember, you have a superpower between your ears! Use it.