In October, I caused a bit of a stir (which went viral) by confronting the notorious (and rather disgraceful) MP, George Galloway. As I explained my actions previously, "by looking him in the eye and speaking to him in Hebrew, I wanted to show my fellow students that Galloway's continuing behaviour is completely inexcusable." It is outrageous that this man has spoken to some of history's most evil personalities - yet he refused to debate with my fellow Oxford student, Eylon Aslan-Levy, purely because of his nationality.
My protest was specific to his invitation to Oxford - and his humiliation of my friend, and my country.
But as Galloway plans to visit other campuses across the UK - including UCL this Monday - I hope to use this blog to inform my fellow students that Galloway should never be made welcome on any University campus.
I don't deny the man's right to free speech - but a University stands for constructive and free debate, a University is a forum for opinions of all sorts to be heard (regardless of the nationality of the person who voices them). Inviting George Galloway to speak on any campus is a slap in the face for all those who believe in these principles.
Mr Galloway has offended everyone from the LGBTQ community to the brave activists continuously fighting for human rights in China. His presence on any campus only serves to divide students and create a poisonous atmosphere.
If you're a fan of the guy, and you're not convinced, I'll just leave you with my top 10 Galloway facts:
1. Mr Galloway publicly praised Sadaam Hussain before the dictator's demise.
As he ridiculously declared: "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability.''
2. Defending the Chinese government, he is on record implying that the horrific Tiananmen Square Massacre never took place.
3. He has allegedly denied that gays and lesbians are persecuted in Iran, despite an abundance of evidence to show that it is happening.
4. He was expelled from the Labour Party in 2003 for supposedly violating the party constitution.
5. For a supposed left-wing provocateur, he seems reluctant to join the working class. As he once told The Scotsman: "I couldn't live on three workers' wages"
6. He was one of very few MPs who voted against the lowering of the homosexual age of consent.
7. Because of his perceived support for Hamas - a terrorist organisation - he was banned from entering Canada in 2009.
8. Galloway refused to debate a student at Oxford University because they were an Israeli. As much of the media put it, to refuse to engage with an individual purely because of their nationality is nothing other than pure racism.
9. Galloway has disturbingly implied support for the Syrian dictator and mass murderer Bashar al-Assad, describing his totalitarian regime as 'the last castle of Arab dignity.'
10. The National Union of Students has described Galloway as a 'rape denier.' He has a 'no platform policy' issued against him for these despicable sentiments.
Please don't invite this man to your campus. Thank you.
Follow Jonathan Hunter on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JHunters_Corner