Child Safety

Nearly 30% Of Kids Are Wearing Shoes That Are Completely The Wrong Size

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 23.06.2017 | UK Parents

More than a quarter of British children are wearing shoes that could be damaging their feet, a study has found. And nearly 30% of kids are wearing sh...

Toothpick Crossbow: The Worrying 'Toy' Trend Parents Need To Be Aware Of

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 22.06.2017 | UK Parents

Parents are being warned about a worrying new “toy” that allows kids to fire needles, toothpicks and even nails from a mini crossbow. The device, ...

The Important Detail To Check On The Suncream You're Using On Your Kids

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 22.06.2017 | UK Parents

A woman has shared a reminder to make parents aware of the UVA star rating when applying suncream to their kids. Carly Jane, from Milton Keynes, said ...

Child Safety At Home - What Should You Consider?

Jo Wiltshire | Posted 21.06.2017 | UK Parents
Jo Wiltshire

That's it - they're on the move! All hands on deck. The moment your baby is mobile, even if it's only a roll or a shuffle, they are at risk of harm in...

Parents Warned To Buy Fidget Spinners From Reputable Traders, As 'Dangerous' Models Are Pulled From Sale

The Huffington Post | Sophie Gallagher | Posted 14.06.2017 | UK Parents

Hundreds of fidget spinners have been pulled from shops and stalls after safety concerns were raised by local council trading standards officers. Off...

One In Five UK Children Cannot Swim Because Parents Don't Have Enough Time Or Money

The Huffington Post | Sophie Gallagher | Posted 07.06.2017 | UK Parents

A fifth of children in the UK don’t know how to swim, as parents blame cost and time pressures for their decision not to teach them this skill. The...

Parents Thank Dancing Policeman For Making Kids Feel Safe At One Love Concert

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 06.06.2017 | UK Parents

A mum and dad have thanked the dancing policeman who put a smile back on their daughter’s face after the Manchester bombing. Mark and Natasha Pearso...

Dad Bravely Speaks About Daughter Who Died After Swallowing Button Battery, To Warn Others

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 05.06.2017 | UK Parents

A dad has bravely spoken out to warn parents about the risks button batteries pose to children after his daughter died from swallowing one last year. ...

Mum Shares Urgent Swimming Pool Warning To Parents After Her Child Got Trapped Underwater

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 02.06.2017 | UK Parents

A mum has shared an urgent warning to parents about the dangers children can encounter in swimming pools, ahead of the summer holidays. Alex Morgan ex...

What Every Parent Should Know About The Dangers Of Button Batteries

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 01.06.2017 | UK Parents

The dangers of children swallowing button batteries are being highlighted in a new campaign. The Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) and the Britis...

The Most Common Mistake Parents Make With Car Seats That Puts Their Kids At Risk

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 31.05.2017 | UK Parents

More than eight in 10 drivers are putting children’s safety at risk by failing to correctly fit child car seats, according to a new study by What Ca...

Shocking Moment Sea Lion Drags Girl Into Water

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 22.05.2017 | UK Parents

The terrifying moment a sea lion jumped out of the water, grabbed a girl and pulled her into the water was caught on camera. The now-viral video was f...

Mum Films Herself Pulling Fingernails Out Of Son's Gums As Warning To Parents About Nail Biting

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 22.05.2017 | UK Parents

Warning: Some may find the video disturbing to watch. A mum has filmed a shocking video of herself pulling fingernails out of her son’s gums, as a ...

Fidget Spinner Warning Issued To Parents As 10-Year-Old Gets Toy Part Stuck In Her Throat

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 17.05.2017 | UK Parents

A mum has warned parents about a potential danger of the fidget spinner craze after her 10-year-old daughter got part of one stuck in her throat. Kell...

What Shall I Do If My Child Is Glued To Their Device?

Carolyn Bunting, Internet Matters | Posted 25.04.2017 | UK Parents
Carolyn Bunting, Internet Matters

Can you answer this question? Which of the following four activities is most popular with children - watching TV, going online, playing sport or reading books?

This Is The Age Kids Should Cross The Road Alone, According To Scientists

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 20.04.2017 | UK Parents

Children should not cross the road on their own until they’re at least 14, scientists have warned. Researchers from Iowa University said before thi...

Don't Fall Hook, Line And Sinker In A World Of Catfish

Claire Stead | Posted 19.04.2017 | UK Tech
Claire Stead

We are all human, and as Nev Schulman states, what people ultimately want is to find a connection. Unfortunately however, there are people out there that exploit this fundamental human trait.

Mum Issues Warning To Parents About Washing Machine Liquitabs After Son's Accident

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 21.04.2017 | UK Parents

A mum has issued a safety warning to parents about using washing machine liquitabs after her son accidentally squirted one in his eye. Jemima Strain, ...

Yorkshire Police Force Announces Rise In Young People Sexting And Issues Guidance To Parents

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 13.04.2017 | UK Parents

A police force has issued tips on how parents can discuss sexting with their child, after announcing a rise in reports of teens sending sexual message...

You Will Want To Read This Before Taking Your Little One To A 'Baby Spa'

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 12.04.2017 | UK Parents

The thought of taking your little one to a baby spa and letting them float about looking adorable in a neck ring might seem appealing, but experts are...

Mum Shares Shocking X-Ray Image Of Grape Stuck In Child's Throat

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 10.04.2017 | UK Parents

A mum has shared an X-ray image of a grape lodged in a child’s throat to remind parents about the choking risk posed of the fruit. Australian mum An...

Mum Demonstrates Car Seat Trick For Parents To Check If It's Safe For Kids

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 30.03.2017 | UK Parents

A mum has demonstrated a way parents can check if their child’s car seat is safe and suitable to use. Rachel McNamara, from the US, strapped her son...

Parents Warned About Disturbing 'Peppa Pig' Spoof Videos On YouTube

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 29.03.2017 | UK Parents

Parents are being warned about spoof ‘Peppa Pig’ videos on YouTube with storylines of horror and death. A BBC investigation called ‘Is your chil...

First For UK Safer Internet Centre And Everton Football Club

Susie Hargreaves | Posted 27.03.2017 | UK Sport
Susie Hargreaves

Today, the workshops are up and running throughout Everton Football Club's communities. The goal of the project, if I can use that pun, is to educate young men to understand what healthy/appropriate relationships look like and then apply this learning to keeping safe online. Andy, who runs the workshops aided by the Everton Safeguarding Team, is not only an e-safety expert trainer, but also a Football Coach, so he's been able to make an immediate connection with all the young men participating.

Parents Warned About Urgent Recall Of Kids' Leggings Due To 'Choking' Hazard

The Huffington Post | Amy Packham | Posted 22.03.2017 | UK Parents

Primark has urgently recalled a kids’ pair of leggings because they do not meet the retailer’s usual standards of safety. The grey leggings with ...