Please read these terms below before submitting any content to us.
By submitting content for publication on the HuffPost UK website or applications, (collectively, "HuffPost"), you agree that the terms set out below, which may be updated from time to time, including, without limitation, by posting changes or updates online, apply to all content that you submit to us, including your initial posts and any subsequent posts. They have the same effect as an agreement in writing.
If you do not agree to any of these terms, please don't submit your content.
How It Works
- You are an independent user. By submitting content to us, you do so as an independent content creator using the HuffPost as a forum for distributing your own individually created content. You are not an employee or a worker of HuffPost. You agree that you are not entitled to, and don't expect any wages, compensation, or remuneration of any kind for the content that you submit. You also agree that you are not eligible for any employee benefit plans or programs. You warrant you have obtained and payed for all necessary third-party clearances, approvals, permissions and licenses and everything else you need to create and submit your content to us and for it to be published and used as permitted hereunder. You cannot hold yourself out as our agent or representative or attempt to bind us to any obligations.
- What do I get out of this? HuffPost provides a forum with a large, diverse audience for you to share your views and express your unique opinions and ideas. You may, subject to your compliance with these terms, use your post to promote any of your other works and to build a fan base and readership within the HuffPost community and inform readers of your own social networking outlets, such as your Twitter or Facebook feeds.
- Post if and when you want. As an independent creator, you have complete control. You agree that you are not under the direction or control of HuffPost and have complete discretion over the manner and means by which you submit content for HuffPost. You can stop posting at any time. If you decide to post, you decide when, where and how often you write and submit it. You can write or provide content for anyone else you want at any time. Subject to these terms, you can write about anything you want. HuffPost does not select or approve your topics. And please remember: You must not identify yourself as a representative of HuffPost or any of its affiliates, including, without limitation, if you attend or cover events, even if you submit content to us on the event or a topic from the event.
- Submit proper posts. You warrant and represent to us that any blog posts, photos, videos, and any other content you submit (1) is your original content or is properly licensed content that you have the express right and permission to license to us, (2) does not and will not infringe or violate any law, rule or regulation or the rights or intellectual property rights of any person or entity (or encourage anyone else to do so), and is and will remain ethical, legal and proper, (3) is not and will not be objectionable, inaccurate or inflammatory; and (4) is not and will not be obscene, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, (5) is not and will not be an advertisement, marketing communication or solicitation of business or contributions; and/or (6) is not and will not be otherwise against the interests of HuffPost, its affiliates, including, without limitation, Oath (UK) Limited and Oath Inc. and/or our users as a whole. We have the right (but not the obligation) to remove any or all of your content that fails to comply with the foregoing, or for any other reason, without notice to you.
- Disclosure: In an effort to be as transparent with readers as possible, HuffPost contributors must disclose to us in advance any actual or potential conflicts of interest related to the issue they are writing about. If you receive payment or income from a company, organization, group, or individual with a financial stake in the issue you are weighing in on, that information must be disclosed by you in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Correct your errors. If your post contains a factual error, you must correct or retract it within 24 hours after notice. If you make substantive changes (including error corrections) after your post has been published, you must note this at the bottom of your post. This includes matters of fact, but not changes to spelling, grammar or style or minor editorial corrections. However, in the interest of transparency, you must note to readers that an earlier version of the post had an error that was since corrected. Note: if a correction/retraction is due to a legal complaint of defamation, then the correction/retraction must be posted in as prominent a location as the defamatory content.
- No guarantees. The HuffPost Contributor Program provides a forum for your ideas and expression, but is made available to you "as is" without guarantee of any results based upon the publication of your post, is subject to changes and could temporarily or permanently be suspended without notice to you, and without guarantee that it will operate free of errors, viruses, bugs or service breakdowns. We do not guarantee that your participation will fulfill any requirements you expect from the program.
- You own your submissions, but we can still use them. You own the copyright to your submitted content and you can post it anywhere else you wish. However, by submitting any content to HuffPost (including text, videos, photographs or audio materials), you grant HuffPost a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable license to exercise all rights under copyright law with respect to all and/or any part of such content, which HuffPost may use, copy, store, syndicate, publish and/or distribute (along with your name and identifying features) on their websites and other properties and those of their affiliates and business partners (including translating, dubbing, or subtitling your submissions for international audiences), as well as for marketing and promotional purposes, online or offline, in any medium and mode of delivery now known or in the future devised.
- We may be required to provide information about you. You agree that if HuffPost and/or any of its affiliates, including, without limitation, the Huffington Post.com, Oath (UK) Limited and Oath Inc., may be legally required to disclose information held about you (including, without limitation, your IP address and location, name and user name), and may do so, without notice to you.
- Complaints and Inquiries/Choice of law. If you violate any of the Contributor Program terms, or we receive an inquiry or complaint about your content, you agree that you are responsible, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless HuffPost and its affiliates, for all resulting claims and liabilities. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales, and if we have a dispute about it, or about any content that you submit to us, the dispute will be resolved only in the courts of England and Wales. We may provide you notices about the HuffPost Contributor Program and these terms by e-mail.