07/04/2011 08:22 BST | Updated 22/05/2015 06:12 BST

Baby Died After Hanging Himself On Blind Cord

Caden Laine, hanged by blind cord A 21-month-old toddler has died after becoming entangled in a blind cord that was hanging next to his cot.

The little boy, Caden Laine, was thought to have clambered from the cot he shared with his twin brother and climbed onto a chest of drawers before becoming caught up in the hanging cord.

His distraught mum, Danielle, 23, had left the babies' room for just a few minutes to bring the children milk from the kitchen. She frantically dialled 999, but her baby was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

Devastated Danielle told the Sun: 'He was such a special, precious little boy, my little angel, and he's suddenly gone. I don't want this to happen to anybody ever again.

'I miss him and love him with all my heart. I will love him forever and always - that's what I always told him before he went to bed.

'My boys are my world and now my world will never be the same again. His brothers are going to miss him so much. I will never let Blake and Finley forget him.'

The young mum has an older son, Blake, two. She is separated from the twins' dad Tony, 31, who told reporters he felt like his heart had been 'ripped out' over Caden's death:

'If I could flip a switch and have me lying there instead, I would,' he said, 'He was so, so special, happy and loving. He loved cuddles - just sitting on your lap, being cuddled and sucking his fingers. He loved his brothers and his brothers loved him. I will never forget him and will love him until my own heart stops beating.'

Danielle and Tony, who are from Plymouth, Devon are now warning other parents of the dangers of hanging blind cords, which reportedly kill two children on average every year.

Tony said: "This was a tragic accident and it could have been prevented. I had heard about this happening but still didn't think it would happen to us. It would only have taken 15 minutes for me to make it safe - to cut the cord, put it out of reach. I just want people to know the dangers. Hopefully they will take more notice than I did.'

How heartbreaking? But a stark warning to all parents...

More on Parentdish:

Just last year we reported the tragic tale of baby Leah who also died after becoming caught up in a blind pull.