To celebrate the release of director and designer Mike Mills' new film Beginners, in cinemas July 22nd, The Huffington Post UK are offering one lucky winner the chance to win a specially commissioned book that contains all of the artwork designed by Mills, that features within the film, plus a copy of the film’s soundtrack.
Mills’ Beginners is a comedy-drama about how deeply funny and transformative life can be, even at its most serious moments.
Beginners imaginatively explores the hilarity, confusion, and surprises of love through the evolving consciousness of Oliver (Golden Globe Award nominee Ewan McGregor).
Oliver meets the irreverent and unpredictable Anna (Mélanie Laurent of Inglourious Basterds) only months after his father Hal Fields (Academy Award nominee Christopher Plummer) has passed away.
This new love floods Oliver with memories of his father, who, following the death of his wife of 45 years, came out of the closet at the age of 75 to live a full, energized, and wonderfully tumultuous gay life – which included a younger boyfriend, Andy (Goran Visnjic of ER).
Hal’s new honesty causes upheavals but brings father and son closer than they’d ever been before. Now Oliver endeavours to love Anna with all the bravery, humour, and hope that his father taught him.
At once deeply personal and universal, Beginners was inspired by Mills’ own father and is meant in turn to inspire everyone weighing their chances and choices in life and love.
Beginners is in cinemas JULY 22nd.
A Universal Picture © 2011 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved
To be in with the chance of winning a pair of tickets, simply answer this question:
Name the Golden Globe Award nominee actor who stars in Beginners
A) Ewan McGregor
B) Sean Penn
C) Colin Firth
To enter the above competition please:
1) Follow us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/HuffPostUKEnt
2) Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/huffpostukent
3) Tweet us your answer to the question above. When the competition closes a winner will be selected at random and contacted via Twitter to be told that they've won.
Please read our terms and conditions on page 2 for full details. The winners will be picked at random on 22nd July 2011. Good luck!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering this prize promotion, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The prize promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of AOL (UK) Limited ("AOL"), Universal Pictures International Limited and any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of AOL and anyone else who may be involved or connected with the prize promotion. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
2. You may enter this prize promotion by a) following us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/HuffPostUKEnt b) following us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/huffpostukent - and then c), Tweeting your answer to the question found at 'Beginners' Competition: Win An Artwork Book, Designed By Mike Mills, And The Film's Soundtrack
3. There will be one winner who will win a specially commissioned book that contains all of the artwork designed by Mills, which features within the film, plus a copy of the film’s soundtrack.
4. The prize promotion closing date is midnight on 21st July 2011 (the "Closing Date") and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter.
5. The winning entry/entries will be selected at random on 22nd July 2011 and the winner(s) will be notified via Twitter on this date.
6. If you are notified of a winning entry, you must confirm acceptance within 24 hours of being notified as a winner. If we do not hear from you, we may offer your prize to someone else.
7. The prize will be issued by Universal (the “Prize Provider”). By entering this prize promotion you agree that if you are selected as a winner, AOL may pass the data submitted on your entry email to the Prize Provider who will issue you with your prize”
8. Only one entry per person is permitted.
9. Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or acceptances which the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries or acceptances which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or elsewhere.
Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified.
10. The prize(s) must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize(s) are available in whole or in part except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
11. All prize(s) are non-transferable and where prize(s) consist of tickets to events, all such tickets are non-refundable. The Promoter and/or the Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prize(s) become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept the prize(s), then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant.
12. A list of winners' names and locations can be obtained by sending a SAE to the Promoter after 22nd July 2011.
13. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner's name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
14. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
15. By entering this prize promotion, you agree that if you are selected as a winner, AOL (UK) Limited may pass the data submitted on your entry email to the Prize Provider who will issue you with your prize.
16. Promoter: AOL (UK) Limited, Shropshire House, 11-20 Capper St, London, WC1E 6JA.
17. Prize Provider: Universal Pictures International Limited, Oxford House, 76 Oxford Street, London W1D 1BS