Case & Sons
Here's a delicious easy recipe that's quick to prep, quick to cook and easy on your purse too. Children will love the bacon and cheesy egg taste of creamy carbonara and pasta.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Cooked fettuccine pasta
200g (3oz) diced Case & Sons smoked bacon
½ small onion, finely sliced
250ml (8½fl oz) double cream
120g (4¼oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
2 egg yolks
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a frying pan add a little olive oil and fry the bacon until golden.
2. Add the sliced onion and cook until soft.
3. Add the double cream and cook for 2 mins.
4. Mix in 100g of the Parmesan.
5. Bring a pot of water to the boil and quickly drop the pasta into it to heat it up. Drain and add into the Carbonara sauce.
6. Take off the heat and add the egg yolks, stirring vigorously.
7. Serve straight away with garlic bread and a good twist of freshly ground black pepper.
This delicious bacon recipe come courtesy of West-Country curers Case & Sons, proud holders of the royal warrant. Case & Sons Wiltshire cure bacon was first sold in the small town of Trowbridge in 1877 when Harvey Case opened the doors to his family butchers. After 130 years in the business and only a slight geographical shift to neighbouring Wiveliscombe, their century-old Wiltshire cure recipe has hardly changed.