The mother of Boston bombing suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has said she does not accept her sons carried out the attacks and said she wished she had never brought her family to America.
Zubeidat Tsarnaeva told a press conference in the Russian republic of Dagestan that "America took my kids away from me."
"I would prefer not to have lived in America, why did I go there?," she told the conference on Thursday.
"I thought America would protect us, America took my kids away from me... I'm sure my kids were not involved in anything."
She says authorities have already told her she will not be able to visit her son as he lies in hospital and is unsure whether to return to the country as she was caught shoplifting in Massachusetts in 2012 and fears she will be arrested if she returns.
Her husband, Anzor Tsarnaev told the press conference he would be going to America. He told reporters: "I want to say that I am going there to see my son, to bury the older one. I don't have any bad intentions. I don't plan to blow up anything."
He stressed "I am not angry at anyone. I want to go find out the truth."
Zubeidat Tsarnaeva has previously insisted that her sons were framed "just because they were Muslim."
She has always maintained her children could not be involved in the Boston marathon bombings, which injured more than 180 people and killed eight-year-old Martin Richard, Krystle Campbell, 29, and a Chinese graduate student, named in reports as Lu Lingzi.
Tamerlan, 26 was killed in police gunfire after a car chase following the shooting of Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer Sean Collier, in Watertown earlier on Friday.
Dzhokhar managed to flee on foot, before being found early on Saturday, wounded and hiding in a boat in a suburban back garden.
Her latest comments came as it was revealed Tamerlan had been added by the CIA to a database of known and suspected terrorists in 2011, on suspicion that the 26-year-old had been radicalised.