Nintendo has revealed the first look at its upcoming lineup of Wii U titles, as it tries to bring a much-needed boost to the ailing platform.
The Japanese gaming giant unveiled new versions of Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong Country and the fan favourite Super Smash Brothers.
But fans will have to wait for many of those games to emerge.
Mario Kart 14 will not arrive until Spring 2014, while Super Smash Brothers and the new Donkey Kong will also be released after the new year.
Check below for screenshots and trailers, but here's the big news condensed into manageable form:
- Super Mario 3D World - released in December, this is the latest in the 3D Super Mario series featuring four-way multiplayer, explorable 3D worlds and a new 'Mario Cat' power-up enabling the plumber to climb walls. "Each character has his or her own unique characteristics, and people can play cooperatively or competitively. The new cat transformation turns characters into adorable felines that can scratch enemies and even scamper up the flagpole at the end of levels. Transparent warp pipes add some new puzzle elements to gameplay."
- Mario Kart 8 - The new Mario Kart will arrive in Spring 2014, and bring with it HD graphics, 3D tracks (including ones which can be driven upside down) and a wealth of new vehicles
- Wii Party U - a new mini-game collection with 80 games designed to be the "ultimate party game"
- The Legend of Zelda: The WInd Waker - the remake of Nintendo's classic Zelda adventure will be released in October 2013. "Dixie Kong joins the adventure, which features the Kongs swimming underwater and moving from the foreground to the background."
- The Wonderful 101 - Platinum Games' action-puzzle game was detailed in new gameplay footage, and will be released August 23
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - the latest installment in the side-scrolling platforming series, with new 3D angles bringing fresh depth to its famed level design. "Dixie Kong joins the adventure, which features the Kongs swimming underwater and moving from the foreground to the background."
- Bayonetta 2 - new footage of the action sequel showed a new look for the spandex-clad hero. The game will launch in 2014
- Art Academy title for Wii U: A new instalment of the Art Academy series is in development. In advance of its launch, a new drawing tool taking some features of the new game will be released on Nintendo eShop this summer, just for Miiverse artists.
- 'X' - Monoliftsoft's open-world, seamless action explorer in which mechas and monsters stalk the land, to be sliced up by your giant sword, launching in 2014. Is this a new Xenoblade title?
- Super Smash Brothers - new Wii U and 3DS versions of the beloved mixed-character beat-em-up game featuring MegaMan
HuffPost Tech Guides: Reviews, Pictures, Videos, Advice