What better way to treat yourself this Christmas, than with a Downton Abbey-inspired afternoon tea to warm your cockles?
Celebrating the return of Downton Abbey to our screens this autumn, and its first real life character performance from Dame Nellie Melba, one of London's luxury hotel's is offering a special Dame Nellie Melba afternoon tea.
To enter simply retweet the following tweet:
Set in beautiful surroundings, The Gore has combined its popular traditional afternoon tea with a peach twist - ingredients inspired after Dame Nellie Melba's famous dessert, Peach Melba. Think á la carte sweets such as peach melba petit pot, peach macaroons, lemon drizzle financier and chocolate brownies. Served with delicious finger sandwiches, scrumptious scones, peach jam and cream, topped off with an exclusive Dame Nellie Melba Bellini to finish - all that is left to choose is a favourite tealeaf from Camellia Teas varieties.
During Dame Nellie Melba's thriving operatic career (well known for her diva demands), The Gore was one of her favourite London haunts, staying at the hotel when she performed at the Royal Albert Hall; the hotel has a suite aptly named after her.
What's more, The Gore is a popular venue for Downton Abbey-style photo shoots, so take a seat, relax and enjoy a decadent afternoon tea. Or make the most of the experience and stay the night, Dame Nellie Melba style.
By entering this prize promotion, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The prize promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of AOL UK Limited, and any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of AOL, and anyone else who may be involved or connected with the prize promotion. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
2. To enter this prize promotion you need to retweet the tweet featured above
3. There will be one winner, who will be selected at random
4. The prize consists of a Dame Nellie Afternoon Tea for two people, transport and accommodation are not included
5. The prize is only available until the end of February 2014 and excludes peak times
6. Prize night is subject to availability
7. Entrants must be aged over 18 years
8. The prize promotion closing date is 11:59pm on Wednesday 4 November 2013 and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter
9. The winning entry will be selected at random after 11:59pm on Wednesday 4 November 2013 and the winners will be notified
10. If you are notified of a winning entry and you do not reply within 3 days to confirm acceptance as directed we may offer your prize to someone else
11. Only one entry per person is permitted
12. Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or acceptances which the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries or acceptances which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or elsewhere. Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified
13. The prize(s) must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize(s) are available in whole or in part except as provided for in these terms and conditions
14. All prize(s) are non-transferable and where prize(s) consist of tickets to events, all such tickets are non-refundable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prize(s) become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is unable for whatever reason to accept the prize(s), then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant
15. A list of winners' names and locations can be obtained by sending a SAE to the Promoter after 11:59pm on Wednesday 4 November 2013
16. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner's name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use
17. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion
18. Promoter: AOL UK Ltd, Shropshire House, 11-20 Capper St, London, WC1E 6JA