Manicures are one of the best beauty treats (it's amazing how perfectly painted talons can make you feel so much better) but keeping your nails healthy doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune.
In fact, you'll be amazed how introducing a few simple nail care steps into your routine can do wonders, without leaving the house.
So, what's the secret to salon-worthy nails? We spoke to nail experts Leighton Denny about how to look after your nails at home.
1. Put aside about 20 minutes a week for nail care and you can have hands and nails to be proud of that are beautiful and healthy.
2. Apply cuticle cream to the base of your nails on a daily basis. This will stimulate circulation, promote quicker growth, and even prevent hangnails from forming.
3. Use a cuticle oil such as Leighton Denny Slick Tips on nails and cuticles three times a week.
4. Give your cuticles some pampering once a week with a good soak. Then slather hands and cuticles with hand cream and apply manicure gloves overnight to really let the moisture seep into the cuticles.
5. When it comes to filing, use a soft grade natural nail file such as the Crystal Nail File. Coarse emery boards can be damaging to the nail and cause it to split and peel. File nails from the outer edge to the centre - do not "saw" back and forth.
MORE BEAUTY TIPS!
Get Your Feet Ready For Summer In Five Easy Steps
Easy Ways To Get Glowing Skin
DIY Steps To Healthy Hair
Heading to a festival this summer? You need to see this nail art...