Serves: 8 servings
Ingredients: For the dough
Self-raising flour, soft: 350g
Salt: Just a pinch
Caster Sugar: Two tbsp
Cinnamon: One tsp
Butter, melted: 100g
Egg Yolks: Two
Milk: 200 ml, plus extra to glaze Ingredients: For the filling
Thinly-sliced Cinnamon: One tsp
Soft, brown sugar: 80g
Shredded coconut: 100g
Butter, melted: One tbsp
Ingredients: For the cream cheese icing
Icing sugar, soft: 125g
Cream cheese: Two tbsp
Butter: One tbsp
Lemon: Half, juice only
Vanilla Extract: Half tsp
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl whisk the butter, egg yolks and milk and pour into the dry ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to make a rectangle shape approx 30cm x 25cm.
4. Mix together the ingredients for the filling, then spread in an even layer over the surface of the dough. Roll it up to form a log then cut into 8 even slices. Pack them snugly into the greased and lined tin and brush with milk to glaze.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown - take out and allow to cool for a few minutes and then take out of tin and sit on cooling rack.
6. To make the icing sift the icing sugar into a big mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and butter and combine. Gradually add the lemon juice until the icing is the right thick but runny enough to drizzle.
7. Pour the icing into a disposable piping bag, snip off the end and drizzle over the cinnamon rolls. Serve immediately while still warm.
Because they're not yeasted they don't keep that well, so eat asap!