14/08/2014 12:55 BST | Updated 22/05/2015 06:12 BST

Drunk Teen Went Clubbing In Oldham...But Woke Up In Paris!

Drunk teen went clubbing in Oldham...but woke up in Paris!

A drunk teenager who went out clubbing in Manchester with his mates was gobsmacked when he woke up in Paris the following morning.

Luke Harding, 19, was getting a cab home from the Tokyo Project nightclub, nicknamed Tokes, in Oldham when he found his passport in his pocket and drunkenly decided to visit the Eiffel Tower.

He asked the startled cab driver to head to Manchester Airport where he booked a £100 flight at 6am using his phone. He woke up in an airport toilet hours later.

Luke said: "I don't recall much of the flight because I fell asleep and then the next thing I know I find myself next to a toilet in a cubicle in the middle of Charles De Gaulle airport and thinking what the hell have I just done?

"When I woke up I initially didn't know where I was but then I remembered a bit about being in Manchester airport and booking the flight to Paris - and thinking 'Oh ****.'

"I rang my mum and said 'Don't panic mum but can you pick me up at Manchester Airport at 8pm?'"

When he told her what he had done, she was furious.

The friends he had been out with in the UK were stunned when they saw pictures of Luke by the Eiffel Tower.

He kept them updated on his adventures overseas, tweeting about how expensive it was in the French capital and what he was doing.

Luke tweeted: "I got in a taxi to Manchester airport and booked a flight on my phone! Don't remember the flight. It's expensive here though. Mum thinks I'm a pillock. Walked past the Eiffel Tower 3 times! Not a clue where I am!"

News of his drunken antics swept through Twitter with many users sending Luke messages amused by his wild night which ended up 500 miles away from home.

Dale Harris said: "Don't even know Luke Harding but I want to shake his hand."

Luke was eventually picked up 12 hours at Manchester by friends after he had to spend a further £170 to return home. His entire drunken adventure cost him a total of £300.

He added: "I had eight hours to kill so I booked a bus into Paris and had a wander around. I did get to see the Eiffel Tower but there was a massive queue so I didn't get to go up it but at least I had my picture taken outside the Arc de Triumph and I went to a cafe for coffee and a croissant and sat outside.

"It was great but it was bloody freezing, it's warmer back here. It cost an arm and a leg but I don't regret it. It's a funny story to tell my mates for years to come."