As well as opening every Easter Egg in sight, there's definitely a good chance you'll indulge in a hot cross bun or two over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
However, instead of enjoying the Easter treat with a regular cup of tea, why not try this Earl Grey-infused gin-based drink? After all - there's no work on Monday and strangely, this spring cocktail goes surprisingly well with a bun.
Want to try making one? Here's what you will need:
- 60ml Oliver Cromwell Dry Gin
- 35ml strong cold Earl Grey tea
- 20ml lemon juice
- 12.5ml oz sugar syrup
- Egg white from half a free-range egg
- Ice cubes
- A twist of lemon peel, to garnish
And here's how to create the cocktail at home:
1. Place the gin, Earl Grey tea, lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg white into a cocktail shaker with the ice cubes and shake well.
2. Strain the liquid into a tea cup and saucer and garnish with a lemon twist.
3. Serve the cocktail with a hot cross bun (it will make a good change from a regular cup of builder's tea!)
How To Make A Classic Cosmopolitan
How To Make The Bee's Knees Cocktail With Lemon And Honey
How To Make The Perfect Negroni