The start of a new season is always a good excuse to go shopping and as there's no better time to brighten things up than spring, this means buying for your home too.
No matter how or big or small your house or apartment, there are a few easy and best of all, cheap changes that can be made. Sarah Waters, head of buying at luxe interiors boutique Casafina, shares her five top spring decor tips below.
1. Replacing bedding with new, clean and brighter options can have a big impact in your home and needn't cost the earth. With summer coming make sure you choose 100 off RRP at Casafina.
2. A fresh coat of paint is a very easy and cost effective way to update a space... and with dramatic effect! As it's spring, go brighter and lighter or be brave and try one of this seasons pastel colours for a quick trend update. Delicate colours like lilac or ice cream yellow look great with grey for a style that is far from sugar sweet.
3. Spring is all about celebrations and long weekends spent with family and friends, and nothing says summer is coming more than afternoon tea served outside on gorgeous crockery. Linda Magistris of Hotchpotch Vintage handcrafts cake stands using pretty vintage pieces from the roaring 1920s to the fashionable 1940s and 50's found in antique fairs and flea markets around the country. One stunning stand, created especially for Casafina, can be piled high with sweet treats - it's an easy (and delicious) way to celebrate spring afternoons.
4. For no cost at all, changing the layout of your furniture can change the whole feeling and use of a space. Try to look for neglected spaces and think about how these can be utilised. Is a space welcoming or does the layout block access, views and prevent guests feeling relaxed? Something simple such as breaking formulaic furniture layouts can really improve the atmosphere of a room ready for casual spring entertaining.
5. Colourful cushions in floral prints is any easy and inexpensive way to transform your home for spring and bring the outside in. This season, choose floral designs which have been reinterpreted in a modern graphic way. All you need is three complementary designs to instantly update an existing suite.
Casafina buyer Ava Embaie has picked a range of cushions for our members in our Kaleidoscope cushions sale - they're available for £25 with up to 30 off a handpicked selection of coveted brands. Visit the site here to see the latest collections.
Mirror, Mirror On The Wall: A Guide
10 Statement Chairs To Brighten Up Your Home
My Apartment: Eleanor Gecks