Chanel's Spring/Summer 2014 collection has arrived. Hurrah!
Karl Lagerfeld showcased his latest designs on the penultimate day of Paris Fashion Week and with a star-studded FROW and catwalk (Cara Delevingne, Miranda Kerr and Alexa Chung walked in the show) - it was nothing short of a style spectacle.
Here's what we learned:
1. The girl - she's too cool (but still very, very chic).
2. The hair - there were wigs from Karl at Fendi and guess what? Blunt bobs and fringes made it to the Chanel catwalk too. Next season's hottest haircut in-the-making.
3. The makeup - as always at Chanel, it was all about the arty eyes. A multi-coloured motif was worn with a heavy coating of cat-eye liner. The lips? Neutral.
4. The accessories - Chanel proved it's ok to wear sunglasses and a visor, at the same time. As for the jewellery - pearl cuffs and necklaces (shaped like headphones) are sure to be popular with Cara and co. Chunky bangles were piled up like they're going out of fashion and bags came in all shapes and sizes - from shoppers to tiny metallic shoulder bags.
5. The dress - from multi-coloured maxis to buttoned-up tweed styles with dropped-waists, there's a choice next season. Festival chic or city sleek.
6. The colours - brighter than ever. Rainbow prints plus pops of pink and fluorescent yellow gave these girls attitude.