Hurrah! It's Paris Fashion Week! Although the big names (Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Hermes) aren't showing their Spring/Summer 2014 collections the very end of September, there are still plenty of designers to watch out for.
On day two of the shows, Alexis Mabille, Dries Van Noten, Rochas and Gareth Pugh all presented their S/S 14 collections. What did we learn? Here are a few pointers:
1. If you're going to wear a gown, why not make it a MASSIVE one. It will be brilliant for twirling in and it's bound to attract everyone's attention.
2. Wear navy. It's a better option than black for summer and dark blue always looks chic.
3. Experiment with metallics, as seen at Dries Van Noten and Rochas. A flash of gold on shoes or a skirt is enough to shine next season.
4. Blush pinks, pale lemons - the pretty pastel palette seen at Burberry in London as arrived in Paris too.
5. Play with texture - ruffles, pleats, feathered shoes and hoods - exaggerate shapes and sizes in fun fabrics.
See more from the first few shows below: