A three-year-old girl died in a house fire exactly a year ago to the day that her baby brother died suddenly from suspected cot death.
Angel Jade Smith died after a fire broke out at her family home in Carmarthen, Wales at around 6.15pm on Sunday (June 15).
Her mum, Alice Smith, 24, is in a serious condition in hospital following the blaze, which is being investigated by police.
The pair were taken to Glangwili Hospital, along with Angel's father, after the fire broke out at the terraced house in the Bryn Gorwel area.
It took firefighters nearly four hours to get the blaze under control.
Angel was later transferred to the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff, where she died the following day.
It comes exactly a year to the day that her baby brother Jake died suddenly from suspected cot death.
Shortly after Jake's death at their former home in Llanelli, Wales last year, the family moved to the Carmarthen.
Friends in Llanelli had raised more than £300 towards a headstone for Jake last year, and described Miss Smith as 'a great mum'.
Lisa Naether, who lives in the town, said news of the fire had come as a shock.
She said: "It was a total shock to hear, especially as it was the anniversary of her baby's death."
Tributes have been flooding in and several of flowers and cards have been left outside the family home.
Sian Tucker said: "So sad my heart goes out to the family rip little one x."
Danielle Coelho wrote: "So sad r.i.p Angel-Jade you are now with your baby brother Jakey. Watch over mammy up there sweethearts. Alice keep strong babe keep fighting."
A Dyfed-Powys Police spokesman said: "A woman in her twenties remains in hospital in a serious condition.
"Tragically, her three-year-old daughter has now passed away in the Heath hospital, Cardiff. Next of kin are being kept fully informed and are being supported by specialist officers.
"Inquiries are continuing to establish the cause of the fire."
An inquest into Angel's death is to be carried out.