Livescribe 3 is a digital pen and audio recording system for iOS, out now complete with an all-new Moleskine notebook.
- Automatic digital backup of notes written with ink and paper
- Audio recording which matches notes taken - meaning you can stop, pause and replay notes just by tapping the physical paper
- iOS only app (iPhone and iPad) which stores and shares your notes via Bluetooth
- New Moleskine notebook for smarter notetaking
- USB charging in the cap
- Easy 'twist' on-off motion
- Capacitive stylus in the tip
Livescribe 3 is an iOS-only digital 'smart pen', which automatically backs up your handwritten notes to your phone or tablet - even though you write the originals on ostensibly 'normal' paper.
Now with its new line-up of Moleskine notebooks on which to make your jottings, the system seems more primed than ever to take a real run at replacing your normal pen-ink-recorder system for interviews, note-taking and other scribble-ry.
So how does it work? To test it we used the Livescribe to hand-write a version of our review, and augmented it with 'Pencasts' recorded on the device. Unfortunately we aren't able to share a full version of the pen cast - which would show us writing the notes as we record. But hopefully this gives a better sense of what it's like to use.
Needless to say, we apologise for the handwriting... Also note that the colours were used to make it look nice, and are not available on Livescribe. Finally we did have to correct a few things, which is why some of it looks odd.
What's It Like To Use?