Sony has admitted that its recent 2.0 PS4 firmware update has left users experiencing frequent network errors and issues.
Among the issues are:
- Consoles not turning on once in Sleep mode
- Music player functionality broken
- PSN not connecting
- No themes available to UK users
The reports started emerging just after the update went live on Tuesday.
Now Sony has admitted it will be looking into the problems.
The software update adds several major new features, including YouTube integration and themes. Notably it also unlocks Share Play, Sony's new system for allowing users to share their games to other players, over the internet.
The full list of features includes:
Share Play: PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game – even when they don’t own a copy of it.
- Themes and colours: Personalise your home screen background with select themes and colors.
- Live broadcasting enhancements: Search filters, archived broadcast support and more have been added to Live from PlayStation
- Content Area and Library: Find and access your content quicker with a redesigned Content Area and improved filter and sort functions for the PS4 Library.
- USB Music Player*: Insert USB memory with music in your PS4 and start playing your favourite tunes in the background.