Luckily Royal Ascot's 2015 official dress code has landed, so you can showcase your most eye-catching hat while still adhering to their (incredibly) formal traditions.
Wherever you are in the arena, aim to look your finest with this handy Ascot fashion guide:
In The Royal Enclosure
Left: Philip Treacy hat £1,300, dress, shoes, bag all Dolce & Gabanna (price on request). Right: Philip Treacy hat £1,232, jacket, dress, shoes, bag all Dolce & Gabanna (price on request)
-Dresses and skirts should be of modest length defined as falling just above the knee or longer.
- Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater. No strapless, off the shoulder, halter necks or spaghetti straps.
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn but dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the Royal Enclosure dress code.
- Trouser suits are welcome. They should be of full length and of matching material and colour.
- Hats should be worn; however a headpiece which has a base of four inches (10cm) or more in diameter is acceptable as an alternative to a hat. Fascinators are not permitted.
- Midriffs must be covered.
Left: coat £3,655, waistcoat £780, trouser £1,257, shirt £295 all Dunhill. Right: top hat £20, 3 piece suit & shirt £155, shoes £20 all from Moss Hire
- It is a requirement to wear either black or grey morning dress which must include a waistcoat and tie (no cravats), a black or grey top hat and black shoes.
- A gentleman may remove his top hat within a restaurant, a private box, a private club or that facility’s terrace, balcony or garden. Hats may also be removed within any enclosed external seating area within the Royal Enclosure Garden.
- The customisation of top hats (with, for example, coloured ribbons or bands) is not permitted in the Royal Enclosure.
In The Grand Stand
Left: Miche Dulce hat £300, Markus Lupfer dress £665, Ursula Mascaro shoes £319. Right: Piers Atkinson hat £320, Eudon Choi at Fenwicks dress £42, Christian Louboutin shoes £575
- A hat, headpiece or fascinator should be worn at all times.
- Strapless or sheer strap dresses and tops are not permitted.
- Trousers must be full length and worn with a top that adheres to the guidelines above.
- Midriffs must be covered and shorts are not permitted.
Left: suit £2,790. shirt £330, tie £125, pochette £60, all Dunhill. Right: Keely Hunter hat (price on request), Sophia Kah top £450, Vilshenko at Fenwicks skirt £506, Christian Louboutin bag £1,105, Kurt Geiger shoes £270
- Gentlemen are required to wear a suit with a shirt and tie.
Royal Ascot will be held from the 16th - 20th June 2015. Tickets start from £19 - £78. For further information and to book visit ascot.co.uk or call 0844 346 3000.