- Kris Admits Fears Over Caitlyn's Decision To Come Out As Transgender
- Kris Makes Embarrassing 'Georgie Shore' Gaffe
On Monday, Caitlyn - previously known in the public eye as Bruce - introduced herself to the world with a (totally amazing) cover shoot for Vanity Fair magazine, which also contains an interview with the former Olympian.
Speaking to the magazine, Caitlyn discusses the decline of her relationship with Kris, explaining: “The first 15 years I felt she needed me more because I was the breadwinner. Then, really around when [‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’] hit, and she was running the whole show and getting credit for it and she had her own money, she didn’t need me as much from that standpoint.
Kris was also given the opportunity to offer her side of the story, claiming: “He was married to me and he wasn’t who he wanted to be so he was miserable…
“What I was doing was working very hard for my family so that we could all have a wonderful future, and he was pissed off.”
Shortly after Caitlyn’s interview with Diane Sawyer back in April, where she first came out as transgender, Kris hit back at claims that she was unsupportive of the transition, calling Caitlyn her “hero”.
Read Caitlyn’s full interview in the new issue of Vanity Fair, which goes on sale on 9 June.
Useful websites and helplines:
- Beaumont Society is a national self help body run by and for the transgender community | 01582 412220
- The Gender Trust supports anyone affected by gender identity | 01527 894 838
- Mermaids offers information, support, friendship and shared experiences for young people with gender identity issues | 0208 1234819
- LGBT Youth Scotland is the largest youth and community-based organisation for LGBT people in Scotland. Text 07786 202 370
- Gires provides information for trans people, their families and professionals who care for them | 01372 801554
- Depend provides support, advice and information for anyone who knows, or is related to, a transsexual person in the UK.