A student sent a text message saying she knew she was going to die after taking toxic "slimming pills" and driving herself to hospital, an inquest has heard.
Eloise Parry, 21, apologised to her university lecturer for "being so stupid" in the heart-breaking message, sent around four hours before her death.
An inquest in Shrewsbury was told Miss Parry, who had a history of bulimia, died after taking eight unlicensed tablets containing dinitrophenol (DNP), which she bought on-line.
Shropshire Coroner John Ellery, who ruled that the death was accidental, said he would be writing to the Government urging a review of the classification of DNP, which is marketed on-line as a 'fat burning' pill.
Miss Parry's mother, Fiona Parry, her younger sister Rebecca, and four other family members attended the hearing at Shropshire's Shirehall.
In the text message, read to the court by Detective Sergeant Andy Chatting, Miss Parry said: "I screwed up big time. Binged/purged all night and took four pills at 4am.
"I took another four when I woke and I started vomiting soon after. I think I am going to die.
"No one is known to survive if they vomit after taking DNP. I am so scared."
The message, sent at 11.31am to a lecturer and tutors at Glyndwr University in Wrexham, where Miss Parry was on course for a first class degree in childhood and family studies, continued: "I am so sorry for being so stupid.
"Thank you for everything. I never deserved it. Please pass on my absolute appreciation for all that you have done for me.
"Thank you more than words. Ella."
The student, who lived at a flat in Shrewsbury, died at around 3.25pm after being admitted to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital's accident and emergency department at 9.56am on April 12 this year.
Recording his conclusions, Mr Ellery said DNP was clearly a dangerous and toxic substance which should not be accessible to people seeking non-prescribed medication.
"I am entirely satisfied that there is no evidence that (Miss Parry took the tablets) with the intention to kill herself.
"What is clear is that when took the dinitrophenol, she did it in relation to her eating disorder and her death was an accidental consequence."