06/08/2015 00:01 BST | Updated 05/08/2016 06:12 BST

Hatton Garden Jewellery Raid: Two More Charged

Two more people have been charged over the Hatton Garden raid, in which valuables worth more than £10 million were looted, police said.

A man and woman will appear in court on August 27, Scotland Yard said last night.

Nine men have previously been charged over the incident.

Brenn Walters, also known as Ben Perkins, 43, of Manor Court, Enfield, north London, and Terri Robinson, 35, of Sterling Road, Enfield, have been bailed to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court, charged under Section 327 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. 

Nine men are already due to stand trial accused of plotting the raid. It is alleged they conspired together to enter Hatton Garden Safe Deposit in London's jewellery quarter, with the intent to steal.

Terry Perkins, 67, Daniel Jones, 58, and Hugh Doyle, 48, all of Enfield; William Lincoln, 59, of Bethnal Green, east London; and John Collins, 74, of Islington, north London, are all charged with conspiracy to burgle between April 1 and April 7 this year.

Brian Reader, 76, and Paul Reader, 50, both of Dartford Road, Dartford, Kent; Carl Wood, 58, of Elderbeck Close, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire; and taxi driver John Harbinson, 42, from Benfleet in Essex, also face the same charge.

The men are also accused of conspiracy to conceal, disguise, convert or transfer a quantity of jewellery and other items between April 1 and May 19.

The nine men are due formally to enter pleas at Woolwich Crown Court on September 4, with a provisional trial date set for November 16.

The raid over the Easter weekend saw thieves break into the vault at Hatton Garden Safe Deposit, after using a drill to bore a hole 20in (51cm) deep, 10in (25cm) high and 18in (46cm) into the vault wall.

Officers believe they got into the building, which houses a number of businesses, through a communal entrance before disabling the lift so they could climb down the shaft to the basement.

Once inside, the thieves ransacked 73 safety deposit boxes, taking items worth millions of pounds.

After facing criticism for the way the incident was handled, the Metropolitan Police apologised for not following procedures when receiving a call from a security firm about an intruder alert at the premises at midnight on Good Friday.

But Flying Squad detectives rejected the suggestion that they were bungling ''Keystone Cops''.