29/08/2015 15:25 BST | Updated 29/08/2016 06:12 BST

Sisters Of Stabbed Gloucester Shop Worker Appeal For Information

The sisters of a 21-year-old shop worker stabbed to death outside a 21st birthday party being held at a community centre have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.

Dolton Powell suffered fatal wounds near the All Nations Club in Chase Lane, Gloucester, in the early hours of last Sunday.

Mr Powell, who worked in a sports shop in Gloucester city centre, was taken to hospital by paramedics but later pronounced dead. Two others were injured in the incident.

Six people appeared before Cheltenham Magistrates' Court today charged with Mr Powell's murder and were remanded into custody to face Bristol Crown Court on Tuesday.

Jordan Barclay, 18, of Campbell Street, St Pauls, Bristol, has been charged with murder, affray, possession of an offensive weapon and wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm against another man who suffered injuries.

Nico Daley, 18, of Dermot Street, Bristol; Cartel Williams, 19, of Campbell Street, St Pauls, Bristol; Everton Spence, 19, of Morris Road, Bristol; Marzel Bolton, 20, of Tunbridge, Bristol; and a 17-year-old boy have all been charged with murder and affray.

Mr Powell's sister Janet said her family was struggling to come to terms with their loss.

"The last time I saw my brother I didn't think I would be sat here with my family," Miss Powell said.

"This doesn't happen to people like us. My brother was a good guy, a lovely guy and we loved him with all our hearts.

"Our lives will never be the same again, even if we live 50 years or 100 years, it will never be the same.

"I think about him every minute of every day and until the moment I close my eyes, which I haven't for the last week, to the moment I wake up.

"We can't eat, sleep or think straight. Everybody is saying he was such a good boy and we know.

"The kind of guy he was, he would help anybody. There was nothing we wouldn't do for him as a family and that he wouldn't do for us."

Another sister, Andrea James, appealed for calm from the community over the death of her "baby brother".

"I am just pleading with the community in the wider area that any information you have got at all, please come forward," she said.

"Let's get back our community. We should be able to let our children feel safe on the streets with anything like this happening.

"Dolton was our peacemaker and he doesn't want any fights, reprisals or anything in his name.

"I am just pleading to anyone who knew Dolton and might have the smallest piece of information please come forward.

"From going through this I am so pleased with the way the police have handled things so far and I want to reassure people that have information that the police are the good guys.

"I know people will be apprehensive about speaking to the police but I can reassure you that you have nothing to worry about it. I am just pleading for anything at all, just please come forward."

Fighting back tears, Ms James added: "I have two daughters and Dolton would turn up at their sports' days. He'd rather stay at home and babysit than go out.

"For someone his age ... I looked up to him. I am so proud of the person he turned into."

The family spoke during a press conference held by Gloucestershire Police in Gloucester as the officer leading the inquiry said there remained people detectives still wanted to question.

Also present was Mr Powell's father Jonathan who had returned to the UK from Jamaica following his son's death.

Detective Chief Inspector Steve Porter said: "While the investigation has clearly progressed, I don't want people to think it's over now we've reached a first court hearing.

"We still need to speak to two people from the Bristol area about their presence at the scene and I would appeal to them, or anyone who knows where they are, to come forward immediately.

"The community response to Dolton's death and the goodwill we've seen has been incredible, but I'm just asking people to keep it going now and ring us on the incident-room number if they have information."

Police said a 17-year-old boy, from Bristol, who was arrested on suspicion of murder, has been released without charge.

Men aged 21 and 22, both from Gloucester, who were held on suspicion of murder, have been released on police bail.