There's nothing more heartbreaking than getting a stain on your favourite shirt.
Luckily for you, there are simple and effective ways to remove stubborn marks on your clothes using household items like razors, hairspray and chalk.
Whether you've managed to get paint on your trousers or chewing gum on your cardigan, these clever hacks will help restore your clothing to its former glory.
- Attack stains while they're wet with corn starch or baby powder.
- Wait for the powder to absorb the stain and then scrape it off.
- Use a stain remover spray on the mark before you put it in the wash.
- Alternatively, if you have an old grease stain that has dried, rub chalk on it before washing it.
- Pre-treat the stain with hairspray and sanitiser before you wash it.
- Equal parts alcohol and water will take out grass stains.
- WD40 will help remove crayon stains.
- Lipstick will come out of fabric if you dab it with white bread.
- Razors help remove paint from fabric.
- To remove chewing gum, put the garment in the freezer for a while and then peel it off.