02/01/2016 21:42 GMT | Updated 02/01/2017 05:12 GMT

Police Play Down Retail Park Shooting As 'Isolated Incident'

A shooting which left the windows blown out of a car outside a McDonalds was an "isolated incident", police have said.

Humberside Police moved to reassure local people after a blue Volkswagen Golf with two people inside was shot at outside the restaurant on St Andrew's Quay, Hull.

Two people were arrested following the incident but detectives have said they are still looking for other people involved.

Video posted online showed armed officers approaching the blue Golf with guns drawn.

A force  spokesman said a member of the public received treatment at the scene for shock but no-one was hurt in the Golf.

Superintendant Darren Downs said he was sure community was very "shocked and surprised" by what happened.

But he said: "I would like to reassure the communities that Humberside Police are investigating the incident and have two people in custody and are actively seeking further individuals we believe we are involved."

He said: "I would reassure people that, at this moment in time, it appears an isolated incident between individuals that are known to each other.

"At no time did Humberside Police fire any shots and we believe that it is safe for the public to revisit frequent and utilise the area around St Andrew's Quay."

Earlier, police said they were looking for another Volkswagen Golf in connection with the incident  but Mr Downs said this car and the person connected with it had now been ruled out of the investigation.

Humberside Police said a 999 call was made at 11.35am on Saturday by a member of the public reporting a number shots being fired.

The McDonalds where the incident happened is on a retail park built on an old fish dock on the banks of the Humber. 

It is on the main A63 route out of Hull to the west, about a mile from the city centre, and includes a range of well-known out-of-town stores and restaurant chains.

Police said the windows were blown out of the blue Golf with two people inside while it was parked outside the restaurant.

A cordon was put in place around the scene as firearms officers, the police helicopter, specialist police dogs and support team investigated.

The cordon was later lifted.