Entertainment

Frank Bruno Announces His Return To The Boxing Ring During ‘This Morning' Interview (VIDEO)

Frank Bruno has announced he intends to return to boxing, during an interview on Monday’s ‘This Morning’.

The former world heavyweight champion has not stepped inside the ring since he was defeated by Mike Tyson in three rounds 20 years ago.

Frank Bruno appeared on Monday's 'This Morning'

He told hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield that he ‘didn’t have a choice’ about returning to boxing as he has ‘so much energy’, which he says is a result of the bi-polar medication he is taking.

"I've been in the gym all the time,” he said. “That's why I want to come back into boxing.

"I'm going back into boxing as well."

Phillip asked: "Is that a good idea?

"I haven't got a choice. I train everyday," Frank told him.

The 54-year-old admitted he didn't like being challenged by younger boxers, adding that certain promoters had been disrespectful to him.

"I can't sit down and let these so called promoters, say Anthony Joshua can knock me out in two rounds when I'm not even dead," he explained.

The boxing legend went on to reveal the medication he takes for his bipolar disorder, which he was diagnosed with in 2003, was causing him problems.

"They made me suicidal. They mess up my head. I can't sleep. I have so much energy," he said.

Despite his claims, it is unlikely that Bruno will be able to obtain a licence from the British Boxing Board of Control, because of his health history and age.

"Maybe that should be working with young fighters because Frank has an awful lot to offer.

“But he should not be fighting, absolutely not.”

This Morning: 25 Most Memorable Moments

This Morning: Most Memorable Moments