A "dangerous sexual predator" who brutally raped and murdered teenage model Sally Anne Bowman could have yet more victims, police have warned, as he admitted sex attacks on two other women.
Mark Dixie was jailed for 34 years in 2008 for repeatedly stabbing 18-year-old Miss Bowman, before raping her as she lay dead or dying in south London in 2005.
On Wednesday a court heard that he finally admitted to detectives in January 2015 that he killed the teenager in a frenzied attack that included biting her, after she fled from her boyfriend's car following a row.
Dixie, now 46, also confessed to two further attacks, including raping a woman in her own car in an isolated south London car park in 1987, when he was just 16, before tying her up inside and setting it on fire.
She managed to free herself and raise the alarm, Southwark Crown Court in London was told.
The second attack, in 2002, saw him bludgeon a woman with a chef's steel - normally used to sharpen kitchen knives - before telling her "I'm going to kill you" and molesting her.
Former Scotland Yard Detective Chief Inspector Chris Le Pere, the senior investigator, said: "Dixie is a dangerous sexual predator, who I believe carried out attacks on other women.
"I would ask people to take a look at Dixie's photograph and speak to police or Crimestoppers if they think they were a victim of his."
Appearing via videolink from HMP Frankland in County Durham, on Wednesday, father-of-three Dixie admitted charges of rape, indecent assault and grievous bodily harm.
Prosecutor Crispin Aylett QC told the court: "He wrote to police indicating he wanted to tell them the truth of what had happened to Sally Anne, because at the trial he said that he was not responsible for her murder.
"He also admitted two other serious attacks on women that had taken place some time before."
He had a string of previous convictions before being convicted of Miss Bowman's brutal murder, including a 1988 indecent exposure and indecent assault where he exposed himself to a woman and forced her to the ground.
He was also responsible for a series of sex attacks in Australia where he lived for six years.
Dixie looked calm as he appeared on the videolink to admit his crimes, wearing a sports top and glasses.
At his original Old Bailey trial, he had denied murdering the teenager - claiming he had sex with her after coming across her already dead or dying in the street.
But the jury took just three hours to return unanimous guilty verdicts.
He has since been linked to other sex crimes, including a rape in Spain, and in April 2016 it was disclosed he was being investigated.
His conviction sparked a debate over a national DNA register.
Detective Superintendent Stuart Cundy, who led the investigation, said having everyone's DNA on file would speed up arrests and cut down on further offending.
He was backed by Miss Bowman's mother Linda.
Mr Aylett said on Wednesday that both of the other attacks on women were also in Croydon.
Outlining the 1987 attack, the prosecutor said: "He actually raped her in her car and after he had attacked her and she had asked him to let her go, he said 'I can't, you will go to police'.
"He used a silk tie from her blouse to tie her by her wrists, made her lie on the back seat of the car and tied her feet with the seat belt.
"He then set fire to the front seat of the car. He later told police he had set fire to a Tampax."
When detectives told Dixie in an interview they had already linked him to that attack by a fingerprint found on a rear wheel arch, he said: "I will give you another one as well," the prosecutor said.
He then told them about the 2002 attack on a woman near a Croydon railway bridge.
After hitting the woman on the head several times, he said: "I'm going to kill you," the court heard.
He dragged her up the stairs and indecently assaulted her before being confronted by a woman living close by who heard the commotion.
Mr Aylett said: "When she asked what was going on, Dixie said 'nothing, nothing, it's just a row with my girlfriend'.
"But she (the victim) said 'help, help, he's attacking me'."
Dixie then fled the scene.
Judge Jeffrey Pegden QC adjourned sentencing to September.