People often hold onto things out of feelings of guilt, they feel that if they throw out a gadget that they never even used, a dress they never wore or food that hasn't been opened it is a waste. But what if I told you that whilst clearing out the clutter, you could make a few quid and benefit other people too?
As a Professional Organiser, I work with clients to sort through each and every one of their possessions room by room. I encourage them to really think about which items they truly need and which items bring happiness into their lives.
An item that is not needed and does not bring happiness surely has no place in the home but could be of benefit to others.
Here are my top tips on how to sell your items and earn some extra cash in the process:
1. Sell Online: On sites such as Gumtree or eBay, it is often free to create an ad (eBay often have special free listing days so look out for these) and the buyer will often come and collect the item from your house so no need for postage and packaging either.
2. Free Sites: If you have furniture to get rid of but don't think that it will sell for much, try uploading it on free sites such as freecycle. This is a fantastic way to help someone in your local area. You get rid of the item without having to pay for removal and they get some new furniture for free. Result. (Streetlife is also great for giving items away in your local area).
3. Sell your Books: Clearing out a pile of old books? Why not sell them on Amazon and make back some of the money that you spent on them? There are also sites such as webuybooks.co.uk where you simply scan or enter the ISBN number and send off your old books in return for cash.
4. Car Boot Sale: Got a whole load of items after a major clear out? Why not set up a stall at a good old fashioned car-boot sale? This can be a great way to get rid of a multitude of different items and make a bit of extra cash. It's also pretty fun too. Just make sure that you don''t come home with lots of new bargains from other stalls!
5. Swap Party: Why not get your friends decluttering too by hosting a swap party? At a swap party, everyone brings all of the stuff they want to get rid of that's still useful, and people can trade or take things they actually need while getting rid of everything they don't. Anything thats left over gets donated to charity and you had a great night with friends!
Want some help with decluttering your home and looking to make some extra cash in the process? Perhaps you are short of time or just don't know where to start.
Contact me today to find out how I can help and let's start your journey towards clutter freedom