Adult life is stressful - look at how quickly prime ministers and presidents age after taking office. You only need to look at how Obama has aged since taking officeor how Tony Blair aged in his tenure as prime minister to see that stress can definitely cause ageing.
This is because a lot of our body's energy that would be used for repairing itself is lost due to stress. Now we don't have the same stress as heads of states do but by minimizing stress we can prolong our age.
As we get older body parts start to fail, your eyesight goes, you get more stomach upsets, and in worse cases you are at more risk of diabetes and heart failure. This is when saving energy for rejuvenation is even more important.
They key is body consciousness, this is effectively tuning into what's going on in your body paying particular attention to where in our bodies our energy gets lost as stress. We then learn to relax those parts keeping our energy for healthy uses.
Using this technique it is possible to reduce eyestrain therefore prolonging your eyesight, reduce wrinkles and lines
When you really relax you notice all sorts of tensions that you may not have been aware of before.
1. Start by doing some deep breathing and relax on the outbreath
2. While using gentle belly breathing, start noticing the sensations in your body. Start from one end of your body and, move your awareness to the other end of your body, one part at a time.
3. If you start at your feet, move your awareness to your calves, then up to your knees, thighs, pelvis, groin, buttocks, and the muscles in your stomach, chest, back, shoulders, wrists, arms, hands, neck, throat, head, brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
4. Paying particular attention to your stomach, back, shoulders, neck, head, scalp, forehead, temples, and eyes. You don't need to do any work; just notice any tension you may feel. Don't resist it or try to get rid of it - just acknowledge it.
5. Now, wherever you feel tension, focus on it and try to relax the area, either by physically massaging it or by willing the body to relax.
6. At first massage will be easier but, after some practice, you will be able to release tension at will. With enough awareness you can concentrate on the individual muscles and relax them. It's like learning to raise one eyebrow; it just takes some practice to find and isolate the right muscles.
Using this practice you can get rid of wrinkle areas, reduce eyestrain therefore prolonging your eyesight and even relax