Britney Spears Confesses To Ultimate 'Oops' Moment After Accidentally Burning Down Home Gym

Luckily no-one was hurt after two candles caused the blaze at her home.

We can think of a million and one reasons that we’ve used to get out of exercising in the past, but Britney Spears’ excuse has topped them all.

The chart-topping singer has revealed she’s been unable to use her home workout room of late, because she accidentally burned it down last year.

Britney admitted that the gym had caught fire after she lit “two candles” and “one thing led to another”.

In a video marking her return to the gym on Instagram, Britney said: “I haven’t been in here for like six months because I burned my gym down, unfortunately.

“I had two candles and, yeah, one thing led to another and I burned it down.”

Britney explained she only had two pieces of equipment left, before showing a variety of exercises, including lifting dumbbells and squats.

She shed further light on the fire in the video’s caption, writing: “It was an accident …. but yes …. I burnt it down.

“I walked past the door to the gym and flames BOOM !!!!!! By the Grace of God the alarm went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt.

“Unfortunately now I have only two pieces of equipment left lol and a one-sided mirror gym !!!!! But it could be much worse so I’m grateful. Pssss I like working out better outside anyways.”


What's Hot