As if we needed an excuse to celebrate Beyoncé.
But in honour of her birthday (4 September) we’re reminiscing about all the times she has made us feel proud to be fierce women.
And reminded us all we are queens too👑.
1. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
2. “The old lessons of submissiveness and fragility made us victims. Women are so much more than that. You can be a businesswoman, a mother, an artist, and a feminist – what ever you want to be – and still be a sexual being. It’s not mutually exclusive.”
3. “We have to teach our boys the rules of equality and respect, so that as they grow up gender equality becomes a natural way of life. And we have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.”
4. “Your self worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
5. “Humanity requires both men and women and we are equally important and need one another.”
6. “We need to stop buying the myth about gender equality. It isn’t a reality yet…but unless women and men both say this is unacceptable things will not change.”
7. “Boys laugh at what they put girls through but they won’t be laughing when they’re wiping tears off their daughters face for the same reason.”