Is online dating taking over your life? Here are 17 warning signs that you're addicted to the thrill of the digital chase.
1. When filling out the "hobbies and interests" part of your online dating profile, you can't think of anything to write.
Because online dating is your hobby.
2. You can recite your entire online dating profile outloud.
It's your party trick! "I'm Anne. I love to laugh and am looking for someone to enjoy life with and I don't play games..."
3. You can take a flawless selfie.
You did not wake up this way, but they don't have to know that.
4. You are emailing or messaging more than four prospects at a time.
Anything under four and it's a very slow day.
5. You book two, three or four dates in an evening.
It's a numbers game, and you play to win.
6. You never take time to develop actual feelings for anyone since you're always moving on to the next person.
You like him...but what if there is someone better sending you a message right now? Too.Many.Options!
7. You feel more comfortable emailing someone than speaking to them in person.
"I can't meet up for drinks, but I'll be on g-chat later if you want to talk..."
8. You keep notes of cool, funny, charming and witty things to add to your online dating profile that come to you during the rare minutes you're offline.
Your headline brings all the boys to the yard.
9. You find yourself telling your friends, "I really like this guy! But I haven't met him yet..."
Quickly followed by, "I get such good vibes from him, we are really connecting!"
10. You assign potential dates numbers or nicknames, since you can't possibly remember all their real names.
"Jason number 3". "Darth Vader" is the guy who mentioned Star Wars in his profile. Etc...
11. You are always logged in to your online dating site of choice.
They might meet someone else if you dont respond right away, after-all.
12. You have Google-stalking a potential date down to a science.
First Facebook, then Instagram, then Linkedin...and go!
13. You start to virtually bump into the same people on multiple online dating sites.
This is where the block function comes in handy.
14. The majority of new friends you add on Facebook are people you've never met in person.
You need to see what they share with "Friends Only" right?
15. You set up a professional photo shoot specifically to take new photos for your online dating profile.
And you hire a make-up artist. And a hairstylist. And have the photos retouched.
16. You have a separate email that you use to correspond with all online dating prospects.
You might be addicted to online dating, but at least you're smart about it.
17. You're considering expanding your online dating search criteria to further postal codes because you've dated all the people in your own.
Because true love knows no distance, right? That, and you're getting really sick of being matched with your sisters ex-boyfriend online.