How many times have you and a friend split a bottle of wine and proceeded to dissect a man's every move, trying to figure out if he likes you. While the best way to determine how a guy really feels is to give it time and then put your big girl pants on and talk to him about it, here are 10 signs that the odds might ever be in your favour.
1. He defends you. Is another guy giving you a hard time at the bar or gossiping behind your back? He'll always stand up for you.
2. He is all over your social media. He is the first to "like" many of your instagram or Facebook photos, and while he might not leave comments, you know he's paying attention.
3. He asks questions that go beyond "How are you?" He really wants to get to know you, so will ask personal, more specific questions that require more than a one word answer.
4. He listens to anything you are willing to tell him. Bad day at work? Drama with your bff? Unsure of what to wear to work tomorrow? Yep, he's all ears. If you care about it, he cares about it, too.
5. He is eager to introduce you to his inner circle. If you're just "some girl" in his phone whom he calls when he's bored, he will do everything in his power to keep you away from his mates. But if you're a girl he's seriously interested in, he'll want you to meet his boys, so he can gauge their reactions to you!
6. He's just plain sweet. When a guy reveals his softer side to you, whether it be by using heart eyes emojis or complimenting you, he's showing you a side of himself that not most get to see.
7. He always wants to hang out. He'll cancel plans with his friends, his grandmother, anyone to spend time with you. He'll leave work early, he'll go in late, and he'll drive for an hour in traffic if it means he gets to see you. Oh, and he'll never, ever make you feel like a burden.
8. He doesn't play games. He won't disappear for days on end and leave you wondering why he hasn't returned your calls. He doesn't cancel plans at the last minute or flirt with other women in your presence. He's consistent and you can count on him.
9. He isn't trying to get in your pants. Well, eventually, of course...but it isn't his main motivation. He is content to just talk to you, and doesn't try to push the physical envelope until you're ready.
10. He reveals his nerdy side. When a man feels comfortable enough to show you his Star Trek action figure collection with you, you know he's in it for the long haul. Most men feel intense pressure to be "cool" at all times, so when he expresses his more goofy or nerdy side, it's a sign that he's getting invested in you!