EU Referendum, Obama's Inauguration, Eden Hazard And More: Funny Tweets Of The Week

Posted: Updated:
D
PA

What a week! Especially if you love or hate Europe. Or America.

Yes, David Cameron announced Tory plans for an EU referendum - despite the risks of the withdrawal method - while across the Pond, Beyoncé Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States for a second time, in an unforgettable lip-synched ceremony.

In sport, Joey Barton claimed he was brighter than 97% of Britain, Newcastle United's team became 97% French, and a teenage ballboy won 97% of Britain's sympathy after Chelsea player Eden Hazard kicked him (the other 3% consisting of Pat Nevin and the Daily Mail). Lance Armstrong, meanwhile, appeared to be 100% guilty of taking drugs to enhance his performance in his Oprah Winfrey interview.

And in showbiz news, Michael Winner sadly passed away, JJ Abrams was happily revealed as the director of Star Wars 7 and Prince Harry (royalty are showbiz, right?) tackled his often uncomfortable relationship with the media by giving an interview to the media.

Meanwhile, snow continued to dominate the British landscape. Literally.

And once again, we've rounded up some of the tweets that made us giggle about all of the above - and more. Enjoy! And remember to stay at least 97% safe in the icy conditions this weekend...

Also on The Huffington Post

The Week In Funny Tweets
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction

Around the Web

Tesco horse burger meat Twitter jokes and puns - Mirror Online

Jimmy Kebe jokes on Twitter that he is leaving Reading for Newcastle

The best Twitter Tesco horse burger jokes