It appears that something was missing from the traditional pre-Budget ministerial photo op in front of Downing Street on Wednesday.
A feature of every Budget, the photo of the chancellor holding the ubiquitous red briefcase, is usually only reserved for ministers.
This year, however, there are no female ministers working in the Treasury so Amber Rudd, Osborne's parliamentary private secretary (PPS) appears to have been drafted in for some 'gender balance'.
Last year, Osborne's PPS was not included in the photo. Then again, last year, Chloe Smith was the economic secretary to the Treasury.
- At A Glance Guide To The Budget
- Evening Standard Apologises For Leaking Front Page On Twitter
- Thousands Of Civil Servants In Budget Day Walkout
- The 2013 All Male Treasury Minister Line-Up
- PICS: George Osborne's Twitter Photo Gets Hijacked
- Bored Of The Budget? March 20 Also Ushers In 10 Other 'Days'
- Osborne Joins Twitter, Is Obliterated With Insults
- Osborne To Wield Axe Again And Impose Extra £2.5bn Of Cuts