Harrods is shutting its famous pet department in order to replace it with a new women's fashion floor at the end of the month.
The Knightsbridge store's closure of the fourth-floor Pet Kingdom will bring to an end a delightful retail chapter which saw celebrities and shoppers flock to see its menagerie of animals and assortment of options for pampering their pets.
A spokeswoman said: “The Pet Kingdom department will close to make way for further exciting planned developments in our womenswear offering. Employees have been informed and Harrods is working with them to find alternative positions in the store where possible.”
TOP STORIES TODAY
- DWP admits thousands of people due refund over 'bedroom tax' shambles
- Channel 4 'showed life of crime, not benefits' MP says
- McDonalds sued for coffee burns.. 20 years after landmark case
- 'I should own the NYT, I'm good at working with Jews' says Chinese tycoon
- Satanic nurse posed next to dead patients